How do I get credit for work I have done that isn't on my G.E. evaluation?

If you think this evaluator has made an error or omitted a course you should first consult your departmental advisor and if s/he agrees, then the evaluator will be noted on your records. If you still feel that you should receive credit for work not included on your transcript evaluation, you will need to provide a course description from that school (this could be a description from the college catalogue or a course description). Then you may need to complete a Substitution of GE Class Form petition (available in the Department Office or from Admission and Records). This form should be carefully filled out and signed by your advisor and by the Chair of the department which normally offers the course at SSU which is most equivalent to the one you took at another institution.

The Associate Vice President of Academic Programs is the final level of review and approval. Your departmental advisor should be able to help you with charting your course through this petition process as well as the rest of your General Education. Michael Balasek is the Director of the Advising Center in Schulz 1125A and several student assistants are also knowledgeable and will help you. There are now new options for first time freshmen (students who have completed less than 4 of their G.E. courses) including an individualized G.E. option for 50 first time freshmen.